Cookie Consent by
The Hub


What to do if you want to change/leave your University Course

By FLrla 13 Oct 2021

When it comes to the start of your new academic year, we want to ensure that everything goes as planned. This page contains information on how to prepare for exiting your course if you find that it is not what you expected. 

Thinking about changing your course?

Firstly, we want you to be absolutely sure that this is the course of action you want to take. Consider the reasons why you want to leave and discuss them with your course leader or the university welfare team first, as there may be an approach that you haven't yet considered to prevent you from having to leave your course. The university offers a variety of support programs if you find yourself in hardship or struggling with your course - all you have to do is reach out!

Changes to your course must be addressed with your Course Leader and a member of the Registry.

If you desire to change courses, please email your Course Leader and To prevent visa issues, Tier 4 foreign students must also obtain assistance from the Tier 4 Compliance Team. Any course changes in each block must be completed by the Friday of Teaching Week 2.

However, if you have already finished a year, you should discuss your choices with your Academic Personal Tutor as soon as possible. If your tutor is not available, you can contact your faculty registry. If you decide to alter your major, you must contact student finance as soon as possible, as well as the add+vantage team.

Term and Semester block dates

Make sure you are aware of your course's Block dates so that you can plan your following year of study, as well as your job calendar and vacations. If you require any further information, please contact our Student Engagement Team at

I hope the information provided is useful to some of you.