Tips for May Starters
Welcome May Starters! This may be a whole new environment for some of you, this may be your second degree or maybe you're starting your masters program. One thing you all have in common is your starting something new.
*Cue High School Musical reference*
THIS COULD BE THE START OF SOMETHING NEW..... well you know how it goes lol.
Here's some of our tips to help you with the start of your new university journey.
1. Don't be afraid to step out your comfort zone
- Starting uni can be a really different experience, you may be moving out of home for the first time, you may be starting your degree again or maybe even getting a second one besides all the academic stuff you want to make that experience as pleasant as possible.
- DON'T BE AFRAID TO STEP OUT YOUR COMFORT ZONE!
- The student union, sports and societies and Reslife events and activities create opportunities for networking and give you the ability to try new things and meet new people take advantage of that.
2. Get familiar with the Coventry Campus
- Literally go take a walk around the campus, the Way finder website can help with directions and will help you get around find new buildings find open access computer rooms, find your lecture theatres e.t.c.
- The university has plenty of open access computer rooms, these are open computer rooms with PC’s that all students can access at any time, when term time gets hectic and all the deadlines start rolling in, these are alternative ways to find a quieter space to study and get some work done.
- More information can be found here on Way finder : https://wayfinder.coventry.ac.uk/help-centre/book-an-open-access-study-room.html
- If you're looking for the best places top study on campus check out our Instagram reel which tells you more :)
3. Take advantage of every opportunity
- University is very much about taking advantage of opportunities while also creating your own, whether that be job searching for on campus jobs, joining a society and expanding your network, taking extra academic classes; it all begins and ends with you.
4. Have fun
- Need I say more?
5. You can book study spaces/rooms in advance
- Probably one of my top tips, especially during deadline season where you will struggle to find a seat because everyone is in PANIC MODE, you can book study rooms/spaces/pods in advance. Let's say if you needed a quiet space to do work or you needed a space for a group project I would definitely advice you take advantage of this.
- Follow the link for more info: https://libguides.coventry.ac.uk/bookaspace
Hope these tips help :) Best of luck and make the most of your time at university :)
- Read Next
- How to be sustainable at uni Become a Residence Life Assistant My ResLife Assstant Experience - Glory's Story My ResLife Assistant Experience - Pedro's story My Reslife Assistant Experience - Alex's Story My ResLife Assistant Experience - Rachel's story National Vegetarian Week Tips When Starting Second Year at University Top rating movies/series on Netflix 2022 Outdoor Sports to play with friends
- Numerology, astrology and horoscopes: a beginners guide Nightlife in Coventry - Best clubs and bars in the area Need something fixing in your accommodation? #DontBeDaft: The Money Series #DontBeDaft: The Drinking Series Food shopping on a budget... Join the Party! - Stay in halls don’t commute! Tips for Exam Prep TOP 10 places to visit in Coventry! #Dontbedaft: The Night Out Series